Pages

Wednesday 1 November 2017

Health Talk with Mrs Kumar

We just had a health talk from Ella Kumar.  She taught us some things about making sensible choices for ourselves and our family.

Some of the things we learnt were:


  • Only children under 2 should be drinking dark blue milk.  The rest of the family should drink light blue as it has less fat and the same amount of calcium.
  • Fizzy drinks and packet drinks contain mostly sugar.  We should not add sugar to our diet because it is already hidden in things like bread.
  • Raro packet juice contains 18 teaspoons of pure sugar.
  • Salt makes you thirsty and makes you hold onto water.  It dehydrates your body.
  • Sugar also rots your teeth so drinking through a straw can help.
  • Powerade is only meant for top athletes who need to replace sugar and energy quickly - children our age do not need it after one cross country run.
The photos below show some key information about what we learnt.





DISCUSSION - write in the comments one simple change that you and your family are going to make.

8 comments:

  1. I like how your showing people how to stay healthy and what the right thing to eat.
    By Moonlight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. natural products australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something that you just read and read. You just can’t get tired of it.
    nazor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good post. I have just stumbled upon your blog and enjoyed reading your blog posts very much. I am looking for new posts to get more precious info. Big thanks for the useful info. Vasayo Products

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! http://pregnancypillowoffers.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some truly wonderful work on behalf of the owner of this internet site , perfectly great articles . bee honeycomb for sale

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how your showing people how to stay healthy and what the right thing to eat. Celiac ailment

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. They all are really very useful for me as well as for my team. We are definitely going to use its highlighted information.
    Power conditioner

    ReplyDelete