Pages

Thursday 14 April 2016

Anzac Poems

We have been reading books about Anzac. We read The Bantom and the Solider by Jennifer Beck and Robyn Belton and Anzac Ted by Belinda Landsberry.

In both the stories we read there was a special hero that gave the brave men and women courage and hope in a time of war and terror.

We wrote some diamante poems about these unlikely heroes and how they were a symbol of hope and peace.




Bertha
scrawny, skinny
encouraging, hoping, believing
She was a strong bantam that gave the soldiers eggs and courage.
killing , living, surviving
strong, hero
Betha

By Nathan


Anzac Ted
broken, dirty
Helping, sacrificing, loving
Anzac ted is helping the soldiers in the war.
Killing, saving, hoping
dusty, helpful
Anzac Ted

By Janet

Anzac Ted
dusty, raggy
dying, killing,encouraging
Anzac ted was a symbol of hope and peace to the soldiers fighting in the war.
surviving, supporting, helping
broken, mascot
Anzac Ted

By Samuel


6 comments:

  1. Nice poem Samuel it has lots of wow words but I have a question who is Anzac Ted?.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your things about Anzac keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    My name is Cicilia and I go to Hay Park School.I really enjoy your ANZAC Poems because it is really intersting to hear what happen in ANZAC day.Also in my class in Hay Park School we have been learning about ANZAC last year,we wrote about ANZAC,we painted our own picture about ANZAC.Our Class love learning about ANZAC DAY.Did you enjoy writing this poem?I hope our School and our class can write a poem as well.
    From Cicilia at Hay Park School

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora people, These seems like a pretty cool poem, I is nice that I have been learning more about poems, I am going to give you some feedback, so the feedback is to make a capital letter after you do a full stop.

    Thank you
    This is my blog hpsLanug.blogspot.co.nz.

    Bye.

    ReplyDelete